CHICAGO'S INTERLOCKINGS

SOO LINE

First Subdivision

Now owned by CN.


Click for Google Map of Cook County/West-North

TOWER B-12 (Franklin Park)
Tower listed with Milwaukee Road

JUNCTION 16 (Belmont Ave.)
Remote interlocking installed 1932, controlled from yard office

South end of Schiller Park Yard.

JUNCTION 19 (Rosemont)
Remote interlocking installed 1930, controlled from yard office

North end of Schiller Park Yard.

DEVAL
Tower listed with Chicago & North Western

Click for Google Map of Lake County/South

LEITHTON
Mechanical interlocking installed 1890
Interlocking rebuilt 1910
Closed 1960's, demolished 1996

Crossing of two CN lines, the former Soo Line/Wisconsin Central and the former Elgin Joliet & Eastern. After closure, controlled by Soo Line CTC dispatcher.

GRAYSLAKE
Tower listed with Milwaukee Road


EARLY CTC INSTALLATIONS

Schiller Park-Waukesha-Fond Du Lac-Stevens Point
Installed 1960, control machine in dispatcher's office in Stevens Point
Control machine expanded 1963 and 1966
Completed 1966