CHICAGO'S INTERLOCKINGS

MILWAUKEE ROAD

Milwaukee Division/First Subdivision

Now owned by Metra, operated by CP.

Double track line originally with single direction ABS. CTC was installed in 1980.


Click for Google Map of Chicago/North

TOWER A-5
Tower listed with Metra

GRAYLAND
Mechanical interlocking installed 1889
Closed 1948, remotely controlled from Mayfair

Crossing with Union Pacific former Chicago & North Western Cragin Subdivision.

MAYFAIR
Tower listed with Chicago & North Western

Click for Google Map of Cook County/North

TOWER A-13 (Morton Grove)
Electric interlocking installed 1905

Long closed tower controlled crossovers and industrial switches.

SHERMER (Tower A)
Mechanical interlocking installed 1918
Closed 1932, remotely controlled from Tower A-20

Junction where CP (former Milwaukee Road) freight connection to Tower A-20 diverges from Union Pacific (former Chicago & North Western) Milwaukee Subdivision, with trackage rights from Bryn Mawr.

TOWER A-20 (Northbrook)
Mechanical interlocking installed 1918
Closed 1982, demolished

Originally known as Techny. Junction with line connecting with Union Pacific (former Chicago & North Western) Milwaukee Subdivision at Shermer.

Click for Google Map of Lake County/South

TOWER A-23 (Deerfield)
Mechanical interlocking installed 1907

Long closed tower controlled crossovers and industrial switches.

RONDOUT
Mechanical interlocking installed 1890
Interlocking rebuilt 1916
Electric interlocking installed 1963
Closed March 7, 2015

Junction with Fox Lake Subdivision used by Metra trains, along with crossing with CN former Elgin Joliet & Eastern line.