INDIANA'S INTERLOCKINGS

NEW YORK CENTRAL

Danville Branch

Segments now owned by NS and various short line operators, some segments abandoned.


Click for Google Map of Southwest Lake County

ND/HIGHLAND
Mechanical interlocking installed 1906
Closed 1982

Former crossing with Erie Railroad, abandoned 1980.

HAYS
Mechanical interlocking installed 1905
Closed 1960's, remotely controlled by Grand Trunk Western dispatcher

Crossing with CN former Grand Trunk Western.

DK/ST. JOHN
Tower listed with Monon

SCHNEIDER
Mechanical interlocking installed 1906
Replaced with automatic interlocking around 1965

Junction and former crossing with New York Central Kankakee Branch.

BELOW ABANDONED 1994

MOROCCO
Mechanical interlocking installed 1906
Closed by 1930's/non interlocked

Former crossing with Chicago Attica & Southern Railroad, abandoned 1943.

KENTLAND
Tower listed with Pennsylvania Railroad

SHEFF
Mechanical interlocking installed 1906
Replaced with automatic interlocking by 1980's

Former crossing with with New York Central Indiana Division, now a junction for Kankakee Beaverville & Southern.

HANDY
Mechanical interlocking installed 1906
Replaced with automatic interlocking around 1964

Former crossing with Nickel Plate Peoria Division, now a junction for Kankakee Beaverville & Southern.

ABOVE ABANDONED 1994

STEWART
Mechanical interlocking installed 1906
Closed by 1930's/non interlocked

Former crossing with Chicago & Eastern Illinois Judyville Subdivision, abandoned 1973.

BELOW ABANDONED 1994

NX TOWER (Sloan)
Mechanical interlocking installed 1906
Closed mid 1930's

Former crossing with Illinois Central Rantoul District, abandoned 1943.

WYTON (Danville)
Tower listed with New York Central (Peoria & Eastern)