1891 - Waukegan and North Shore Rapid Transit Co. incorporated to operate streetcars between Waukegan and North Chicago.
1894 - Bluff City Electric Street Railway Co. assumes operation of streetcar lines.
1897 - line extended south to Lake Bluff, sold to Chicago and Milwaukee Electric Railway Co.
1899 - interurban line completed south to Evanston.
1902 - line sold to Chicago and Milwaukee Electric Railroad Co.
1905 - new interurban line completed between Lake Bluff and Kenosha, passing through west side of Waukegan and eventually becoming main line of Chicago North Shore and Milwaukee Railroad.
1916 - sold to Chicago North Shore and Milwaukee Railroad, controlled by Samuel Insull.
1924 - local bus service introduced in Waukegan.
1932 - Samuel Insull resigns from Chicago North Shore and Milwaukee Railroad.
1937 - Washington Street route converted to buses.
1947 - conversion completed of remaining local routes to buses. Local bus operation established as subsidiary Waukegan-North Chicago Transit Co.
1963 - Chicago North Shore and Milwaukee Railroad ceases operations, local bus operation sold.
1982 - Waukegan-North Chicago Transit Co. acquired by Regional Transportation Authority, managed by ATE.
1985 - Pace assumes direct operation of what becomes the Pace North Division.