Now owned by CN.
Crossing of Metra Rock Island District with St. Charles Air Line and CN (former Illinois Central) line west.
Electric pneumatic interlocking installed 1893
New tower constructed 1940's
Closed February 18, 2005
Originally known as Stewart Avenue, and operated by Chicago & Western Indiana. Tower also controlled former Pennsylvania Railroad and Alton Route movements south of Union Station, along with all trains serving Dearborn Station, and former Illinois Central west line trains. From this point southwest, the Santa Fe main line formerly paralleled, where the CTA Orange Line now exists.
Mechanical interlocking installed 1890
Electric interlocking installed 1908
Closed August 21, 1995
Junction where the three separate double track lines of the Alton Route, Santa Fe, and the Illinois Central west line all shared one double track drawbridge over a spur of the Chicago River. The bridge at the location no longer needs to be opened, the CTA Orange Line with its Ashland stop was built to the south without a movable bridge. Northeast of here, the Santa Fe was the railroad on the south side, now the CTA Orange Line occupies that right of way. After 1946, the tower also included a CTC installation for the Alton Route between 21st Street and Brighton Park.
Mechanical interlocking installed 1889
Original interlocking out of service around 1911
New tower constructed 1950
Closed December, 2000
Crossing of IC Iowa line, and previously the paralleling Santa Fe main line, with CSX (former Baltimore & Ohio) line and Norfolk Southern Chicago Junction line, and also previously the paralleling Pennsylvania Railroad Logansport line.
Mechanical interlocking installed 1903
Former crossing with Illinois Northern, later a BNSF industrial line, abandoned 2013. In final years was an automatic interlocking.
Mechanical interlocking installed 1892
Electric interlocking installed 1912
Crossing of IC Iowa line with Belt Railway of Chicago. After closure, controlled by Belt Railway dispatcher.
Mechanical interlocking installed 1893
Replaced with automatic interlocking around 1940's
Former crossing of Chicago Great Western and paralleling Chicago Aurora & Elgin Railroad, with Illinois Central (now CN) line west.