SOUTHWEST SUBURBAN TRANSIT FACILITIES
Present and past.
The Suburban Transit System garage was located at 104th St. and Harlem Ave. until 1942, when the garage burned down. A replacement garage was located on Harlem Ave. near 111th St. In the early 1950's, a garage was opened at 5800 W. 95th St., Oak Lawn. That garage was destroyed by a tornado in 1967, and a replacement garage was constructed at that site. Pace continued to operate out of that garage until 1994, when the present garage was opened at 9889 S. Industrial Dr. in Bridgeview.
During the period when Suburban Transit System operated the Lincoln Ave. route in the north suburbs, two buses were based at a gas station on Lincoln Ave. at Argyle Ave.
Links to garage locations, using Google Maps. Satellite views are also available.