Official Web site of the Flint Mass Transportation Authority.
In 1964, the Flint Mass Transportation Authority became responsible for all transit lines in the Flint area. The last streetcars ran in 1936.
In 1901, the Detroit United Railway introduced electric streetcar service in Flint. In 1936, the system became Flint Trolley Coach, Inc., until City Coach Lines took over in 1955 and eliminated the trolleybuses the following year.
Map showing streetcar system at its peak.
Streetcars operated in Flint until 1936.
Buses have operated in Flint since 1924.
The various carhouses in the Flint area were eventually replaced with a single modern bus garage.
Some information for this page is from the four volumes of "When Eastern Michigan Rode The Rails", by Jack E. Schramm, William H. Henning, and Richard R. Andrews.
Chicago Transit & Railfan Web Site