FORMERLY Chicago Milwaukee St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (The Milwaukee Road)
OPENED 1885 by Chicago & Evanston Railroad
LAST PASSENGER TRAIN: 1917
After 1908, segment north of Wilson Avenue (Sheridan Park) was leased to Northwestern Elevated Railroad, a predecessor to CTA. And elevated trains replaced the commuter trains previously operating over this segment. Line south of Wilson Avenue was subsequently downgraded and eventually abandoned.
Union Passenger Station/Canal St.
Known discontinued passenger railroad stations. Includes zoomable Google maps.
Past and present towers and interlockings.
Some information for this page is from "The 'L' - The Development of Chicago's Rapid Transit System 1888-1932", by Bruce G. Moffat. Included is a reproduction of a 1895 timetable, which forms the basis of the list of stations.